Last week, Rosema kicked off Monday Morning Melts with a deeply personal song, and shared with us her heart.
This week, I chose a song to reflect the chaos erupting in my side of the world. When hatred walks around every corner, that is when love will shine the brightest.
PROMPT: Love Me Now – John Legend
I don’t know who’s gonna kiss you when I’m gone
So I’m gonna love you now, like it’s all I have
I know it’ll kill me when it’s over
I don’t wanna think about it, I want you to love me now
- Share a poem, story, or photo inspired by this week’s song-lyrics-prompt. You can share something you created that was inspired directly by the lyrics or you can share other pieces that coincidentally fit the prompt (for ex: an old piece of yours, or one of a beloved blogger – with permission).
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with MondayMorningMelts, so we and your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know). 😉
There are no word limits and no restrictions except to stay true to the theme. Creating a brand new post in response to the prompt is also optional.
The goal isn’t to create new content, but rather to share pieces that melt the heart, tickle the soul, and brighten up a typically gloomy Monday. That’s why if you already have a piece that fits this week’s lyrics, or if you have a fellow blogger whose piece you want to share (with their permission), you are more than welcome to do so!
It came to our attention (thank you Sarah!) that we should reveal the prompts for the upcoming month to give all of you who would like to participate time to prepare your submissions. Here they are for the rest of November:
- Monday Nov. 21: In Your Hands- Jason Mraz
But when you’re alone
You’re living in a world with only choices
And what I choose is you
- Monday Nov. 28: As Long As You Love Me – Backstreet Boys
Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine
I’m leavin’ my life in your hands
People say I’m crazy and that I am blind
Risking it all in a glance
In the future, at the beginning of every month, we’ll reveal the prompts for that month. If anyone has any other suggestions to make Monday Morning Melts more convenient and fun, please let us know!
MONDAY MORNING MELTS #1: FEATURES
Because These Bloggers Created Something Beautiful With The Prompt:
- Melinda Kuscera – Monday Morning Melts
- Single dust – Morning Melts #1
- Rosemawrites – To The Man I Once Sang “If You’re Not The One”: A Personal Letter
- Ladyleemanila – Monday Morning Melts #1
- Stutter-Stepping Heart – If You’re Not The One
- Erhynireh – Serendipity
- Michnavs – Monday Morning Melts
Because These Melts Are Timeless & Deserve To Be Shared:
These features sections are compiled Sunday so if we missed you, please let us know in the comments, and leave a link to your post. We’ll update our features asap!