Some of you may have noticed that Monday Morning Melts took an impromptu break last week. Rosema is back this week, however, with lyrics that we hope will melt your heart like no other.
Rosema: Most of the time, love is expressed and felt through physical intimacy. Touch. Kisses. Hugs. But how about loving someone from afar? How about loving someone you haven’t seen yet? How about falling for someone’s soul residing in a body thousand miles away from you? Will it be a gamble worth committing? Will it feel like a heart’s solitary suicide?
This week, let’s delve the idea of long distance love. (Which is now for me, the purest love of all). ❤
PROMPT: “One Sweet Love” – Sara Bareilles (lyrics)
The earth that is the space between,
I’d banish it from under me to get to you.
Your unexpected love provides my solitary suicide
oh I wish I knew
- Share a poem, story, or photo inspired by this week’s song-lyrics-prompt. You can share something you created that was inspired directly by the lyrics or you can share other pieces that coincidentally fit the prompt (for ex: an old piece of yours, or one of a beloved blogger – with permission).
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with MondayMorningMelts, so we and your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know). 😉
There are no word limits and no restrictions except to stay true to the theme. Creating a brand new post in response to the prompt is also optional.
The goal isn’t to create new content, but rather to share pieces that melt the heart, tickle the soul, and brighten up a typically gloomy Monday. That’s why if you already have a piece that fits this week’s lyrics, or if you have a fellow blogger whose piece you want to share (with their permission), you are more than welcome to do so!
MONDAY MORNING MELTS #3: FEATURES
Because These Bloggers Created Something Beautiful With The Prompt:
- Melinda Kucsera – Melting Into Vision
- Ladyleemanila – As Long As You Love Me
- Michnavs – My Cappuccino
- Bikurgirl – Country Home
- Seema Tabasum – Drifting Contemplations
- Jade M. Wong – Fame, Fortune and Empty Hearts
- AReadingWriter – Sorry, Storm
Because These Melts Are Timeless & Deserve To Be Shared:
It’s never too late to join us with a melt of your own! Do you have a poem, story, or photo that you’d like to share and it fits the prompt? Go for it! Pingback to this post, or leave a link in the comments. We promise to feature you.
These features sections are compiled Sunday so if we missed you, please let us know in the comments, and leave a link to your post. We’ll update our features asap!
Here are the lyrics for the rest of December:
- Monday Dec. 19 : Humbug – Owl City
I’m ready to wrap that perfect Christmas gift
But I haven’t found it yet
‘Cause I don’t have a clue what to get you
So I’ll give you my heart, I hope it’ll do
- Monday Dec. 26: The Script – Never Seen Anything “Quite Like You”
When it’s right it’s more than right
Cause you feel it more than feel
I could take this moment now
Right into the grave with me